10/1/08

October is Australia Month



....Actually I just made that up. I've been writing on such serious matters here of late that I figured it was time for a little break. Thus I am dubbing October (at least here on my blog, and in my heart) Australia month. As some of you well know, I spent some time down under earlier this year (you can read about it HERE) and I absolutely fell in love with good ole Oz. That's not a hard thing to do because it really is a delightful and fascinating place.

Well, to kick off Australia Month I direct your attention to a new show on Fox called Fringe. It's by J.J. Abrams (the cool cat who brought us Lost) and its just choke full of awesome. The main thrust of the tale is a group of FBI agents and a Mad Scientist must solve mysteries of the pseuo-scientific nature while battling a mysterious group of Evil Scientists...or something along those lines.

Anyway, the show itself has nothing to do with Australia (unlike Lost), but it's star is the lovely Anna Torv who was born in Melbourne and raised in the Hinterlands of the Gold Coast. Below I have posted an interview she did pushing Fringe on Letterman. I think you'll like her and her humorous anecdotes about growing up in Australia with geese.

No comments: