10/21/08

Ann Rice Light?

What is this Twilight crap? Are these books popular or something?

Seems like the movie coming out is a big deal (from what I gather from my sources in the internets) but I personally have no idea what all the hullabaloo is about. The trailer looks terrible, Disney Chanel movie quality at best.
Don't believe me? Well, I'm not going to post it here, but you can take a look elsewhere....If you dare.

One a sidenote, I'm not a huge fan of Halloween. In fact, I guess I would say that I am anti-Halloween, but not for any religious purpose. The whole concept of people dressing up in costumes and cutting pumpkins and eating candy and haunted houses seems ridiculous to me. I also hate the color orange, especially in conjuction with black (or blue....or purple).

I think if we must fill the holiday void this time of year, it should be with a festival to celebrate Samhain (pronounced sowen for you non-Celts) the traditional way, with bonfires and slaughtered cattle.
My idea of a good time.

No comments: