10/28/08

Chose the Stocks to the Gallows


I went today into the jungle of downtown Atlanta to the Fulton County Government building to do advanced voting. I went with my friend Brent and we both skipped a ridiculously long line (not on purpose) to end up in a little room filled with geriatric Black folk. Not only were we the only two people under 45 (at least) but we were two of only four white people, and likely the only two McCain votes in the entire building.

Anyway, I did my civic duty and cast my vote for every Republican on the ballot except for Saxby Chamblis, who is a traitor to the tax-payer and given to agribusiness croneyism. In his place I voted for the much more fiscally conservative Libertarian Alan Buckley. I saw Buckley take Chamblis and Martin (the Democrat candidate for senate)to task on the televised Georgia Senatorial debate, and he was fiety bloke...and right. He likely won't get elected, but he should.

Lots of Obama votes out there in Fulton county to be sure, but I have a solid feeling that the rest of Georgia is McCain throughout (except that pocket in Chatham still voting on race and cigarettes).

Also of note are the three Constitutional amendments proposed and on the ballot. All three aim to give the government more control and money to promote state parks, project housing, and "community development." Suffice to say, I put a big fat X next to "NO" on all three. As I have been saying, the less government the better.

No comments: