9/24/08

THROWIN' BONES


Since, being the Free-Lancer, I come into contact with lots of other "industry" people (or wannabe industry people) it only seems right to throw some of those guys (and dolls) a bone every once and a while. Now, don't get me wrong, its a cutthroat business out there, but its also very nepotistic. Thus when you get in with somebody, become friends or allies, its always nice to keep them close. One lancer is a merely a soldier, many lancers can become an army.

In the spirit of compariotism (a word I just created) I am adding this segment:
THROWIN' BONES

In this segment I will regularly highlight and bring to your attention the work and efforts of people I like, and sometimes people I disdain so as to make a mockery of them. Atlanta is a small pond, so after a while everybody gets to know everybody, if only by name and reputation.

So to kick things off I bring to your attention the work of my two new friends Jason and Ethan, who ran cameras on the Canada shoot (and before in Atlanta). They, a couple months back, won the ignominious Campus Movie Fest with their short 'Til Death. Its well shot, mildly clever, and just an all around good piece. It is surprising to me that they won, given the inane judging process of CMF....but that's just my bitterness coming up.

Anyway, here Tis:



Jason and Ethan have their own company based out of Athens, Ga called Eikon. The name is lame sauce, but supposedly it's Greek.

1 comment:

Ethan said...

Hey man, thanks for being gentle! It was great working with you guys, and I'm looking forward to Rome, Minnesota, Iceland, or wherever the hell we end up next for this doc.