9/23/08

Mo' Money, Mo' Problems


I got paid for the Canada shoot. The money is in the bank, check cleared, bing bang boom.
This is important, because in the world of freelance, nobody's got your back and sketchiness is the rule of law. There are plenty of producers out there who make it a point to put the "free" in freelance.

I know a guy, a friend who is part of the Atlanta freelance scene who DP'ed (Director of Photography for you civilians) the Canada shoots who is still waiting on upwards of 5 grand from various other jobs. Andrew has received bad checks, and plenty of times not been paid the full amount agreed up on. So these things happen, though they thankfully have never happened to me.

There are plenty of things I could tell you about this shoot alone that would make you squint, nod, and say "oh really", but as the possibility of more work on this documentary looms in the future (I learned the name is officially "Forsaken") I don't want to say too much.

No comments: