9/14/08

The Northern Invasion


By this time in my life I have already accumulated a wealth of anecdotes related to "the industry" that I will be sure to bring to you in flashback segments.
However, we must press on with the future for tomorrow morning I mount my steed, cradle my lance, and ride north to invade Canada.

That is to say, I and my faithful compatriot Andrew Tucciarone, along with his wife and unborn child, will load up in a mini-van and drive to Chicago (Obama-Land), then on across the border into Ontario. I am gripping and Tucc is running sound on a documentary about "clergy killers." The subject is a little lame, but the people financing it are convinced that the biggest sellers in documentaries are sex and religion. In a twisted way, this has both. The producer, who I will call Steve, likens the project to an earlier releases called Jesus Camp, (which failed commercially but recieved awards recongition) a hit piece on evangelicals. I haven't seen the film, nor will I, but I gather that Clergy Killers is attempting to appeal to the same, lets say, "faith-curious" audience. The film already have garunteed distribution, so....

Anyway, Andrew got me involed with the project after he managed to get hired on for an couple interviews shot in our home-base of Atlanta. A couple weeks ago I also worked on an interview for the doc of a Catholic priest shot in Conyers (about 20 min down the road from Atlanta). Steve, the producer, liked my mojo, and Andrew was able to convince him to hire my lance to help out this coming week in Canada. LaToya is accompanying us as the legal car-renter, since neither Andrew nor I are technically allowed to fill that capacity. The unborn child is coming because it has no choice.

Thus we leave for Chicago (with company credit cards and USD45 a day per diem) come daybreak, and ride with all haste to film in the maple state, or whatever Canada calls itself.

No comments: