12/2/08

The Future

There was once a commercial for Comcast featuring Mark Hamill (of Luke Skywalker fame of course) wherein he proceeds to lecture a group of people on his expertise in "The Future." Unfortunately I cannot find a copy of that commercial online, so I will move on.

I trust everyone had a great time celebrating Thanksgiving, and be assured that I did as well. Now, for a few weeks anyway, the Holiday season takes a break and I return to my duties. I've been away from the internets for a few days, and as such have a great deal of "catching up" to accomplish. There are many blogs to read, Cracked articles to peruse, lolcats to chuckle at, news to digest, etc. As I catch up, I will post here on significant finds and/or issues that come to bear as well as jot down some interesting stories I accumulated over my absence. In other words, stay tuned 'cause stuff is comin' down the pipe.

Also, I will know later today (God willing) whether or not I will be bound again for the frozen North to resume work on the documentary "Forsaken." As you long time readers will recall, twas this very documentary that spurred my long drive to Canada wherein I began my blogging as The Free-Lancer. Updates will follow should they arise.
In the mean time, here is a funny picture followed by a poem:


JABBERWOCKY

Lewis Carroll

(from Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, 1872)

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,

And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

2 comments:

tuce63 said...

"I've been away from the internets for a few days, and as such have a great deal of "catching up" to accomplish."

Were you in a cave? A wi-fi-less cave?

JFM said...

Even worse, Perry, Florida.