12/3/08

Canadiagain


Supposedly I will be driving back up through those awful non-Southern states to Toronto Canada to crew once more on the documentary that sent me there back in September. I say supposedly because as it stands right now (at 3 o'clock Wednesday afternoon, December 3rd) I have yet to hear back from the producer as to the exact details surrounding my departure and travel other than I am supposed to leave tomorrow with the DP, Brandon, in a van.
Dear Readers, there is a reason that despite being The Free-Lancer I do not actively seek work as a freelancer in the entertainment industry. All the "ifyness" and last minute chicanery gets to me, especially when I have no personal stake in the project at hand other than experience and money. However, the last trip paid well, the people I worked with are good people, and frankly I need the cash.

Indeed, the entire prospect of driving back through Indiana is so dreadful that I would almost be relieved to not be working on the shoot. Yet, once again, I need the cash. In the event that I do leave tomorrow for the dark horizons of Wanna-Be America, I will blog away my misery with more tales of Canadian foppery and horror stories of middle American corn encounters.

No comments: