3/17/09

Beannachtam na Feile Padraig

I wish I were in Savannah now....or Dublin...or Galway.

I typically live my life like St. Patrick's Day regularly...so Irish Folk Music, Corned Beef & Cabbage, and Shenanigans are common place. Today it's just nice to have others join me.
I encourage everyone to take a moment to consider that Padraig brought Christianity to Ireland, for which he was canonized by the Catholic church and now annually celebrated. No other holidays for any other Saints are celebrated as emphatically nor as widely, and there are plenty of other Saints who brought Christianity to other places in the world. Ireland is special, especially to Americans, most of whom aren't even Catholic (I'm not). That says something.

The fellow in the video below is an Irish Singer/Songwriter who lives in Savannah and who can be often be caught at Kevin Barry's pub playing a lively yet. Here is one of my favorites:



This was the featured video on Youtube today, and its pretty well near the mark:


Éirinn go Brách.

No comments: