1/30/09

A Gift to Our Readers


It came to my attention today that in 100 select AMC movie theatres across America, you can purchase a pass for $30 to see all five Best Picture (AMPAAS) nominated films in one day. From Cinematical:
The event is happening at about 100 AMC theaters in 42 U.S. and Canadian cities (here's the list), and the cost is $30. For that you get all five movies, plus unlimited popcorn all day long. The schedule is the same everywhere. You'll start the day at 10:30 a.m. with a serving of Milk, then follow it up at 1:05 p.m. with The Reader. That takes care of all of the day's nudity, leaving you free to focus on other things. At 3:45, you'll see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, then watch Slumdog Millionaire at 7:15, and wrap things up with Frost/Nixon at 9:45.


Readers here will remember that I have seen these films (ok, haven't watched Milk), therefore I wouldn't be interested in paying to see any of them again. Neither, do I believe, would any of you. However, I think I might be interested in competing with AMC and offering the same deal, all five movies scheduled similarly, for ABSOLUTELY FREE! You see, I am a privvy journalist and have therefore made it my business to make these films available to myself, and now they can be available to you.

Thus, if anyone is interested, I could totally hook this up one day. The five best picture nominees, unlimted popcorn (or whatever the heck else, why not corndogs, chips and salsa, beer?) all in one day all for nothing. Time and place TBD. RSVP in the comment section.
Boy, I am generous aren't I?

3 comments:

The Tuce said...

Im in. Wait I live there.

Drew Ann said...

I wanna come, but can we watch Narnia movies instead? : ) Oo..and eat barbeque??

Brian said...

Bacon wrapped pancake wrapped sausage on a stick and I'm there.